my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sorry Katie

I decided last night that I just don't like Katie's kickboxing class. It's too hard and it's too aerobic-y. I have mentioned before how she does silly things like sirens, and surf-board steps, and step aerobics. Now I am getting pretty tired of it. She takes the word "kickboxing" loosely and is more concerned about the kicking than the boxing. I swear: we did 5 minutes of punching last night, MAX. Somebody needs to explain to her the point of the class. I miss the routines of Combat. Although Marika is still using the Combat music, she still takes liberties with the moves. Katie teaches a class a Sport Courts called TurboKick which she is confusing with this Goodyear kickboxing class. It's 40 minutes of continual music (no drink breaks) with these turbo boosts. A siren goes off every ten minutes or so, and during this two minute boost, we have intense activities such as jumping, running circles around the room, jumping lunges, sprints, etc... I just want to punch something; is that so much to ask? I can work my heart and lower body doing most aerobic activities in the gym (treadmill, elliptical, bike) but very little gets my heart beating while sculpting my arms. I suppose I will keep going. It's still burning tons of calories, and the fact that is so hard for me has to mean something for my cardio routine. I just don't like it. And as Jennifer said to me: If you don't even like it, you might as well be running!

Tonight I plan on getting to the gym during The Biggest Loser (I'm thinking the second half). Surprisingly (and this goes along with what Jen hates about her job) when I have a crazy busy day at work and hardly sit down, it's easier for me to get to the gym, than the days that I am bored and just sit around waiting for the customers. It's something about how my energy level is so high all day, or how energy breeds energy. It's probably some theory of physics. Either way, right before a holiday, customers go crazy. They fear library withdraw, so they get to the library in droves. Needless to say, I hardly say still today, and now I am looking forward to getting to the gym. Maybe it's more about stress relief than energy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why I have to talk myself into going every time. My job is nothing close to stressful normally - although Monday did have some stress when I got more samples than I was ready for. Usually I have a pretty leisurely day, even if I've kept busy all day, it's not like I had a crazy amount of stuff to do or people bugging me for help all day.

Jen said...

I think this is the longest you've gone without an update. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and I can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

No kidding! Where is your new post????