my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, November 10, 2008

A Kick in the Pants

It was horribly dreary, rainy day, but I managed to drag myself out of the house and get some things done. I ran some errands, did some shopping and made it to the gym for two hours! I took both kickboxing and body power. I have mentioned before how I absolutly hate having Monday's off from work. I mean, I was going to work out two hours this evening anyway, the only thing extra I do on Mondays then is sit around and wait for class to start. But I shouldn't complain; remember when I didn't have classes? I would rather waste some time than not have anything to wait for.

Every so many months (10 weeks) I get a target gift card from my health insurance. I get it because every week I log my workouts onto their website. It's some motivational technique to get people working out. And although you can easily just lie about it, I don't. So it's a nice bonus when my $25 comes in the mail. I try to spend that money then on workout things. So today I bought myself a new pair of yoga/workout pants. I am in a constant battle with workout pants. They are either too short, too tight, too loose, too high-wasted, too thigh showing, or too expensive. But I might have found a great pair today. They were perfectly tight without a drawstring, slimming, and so long that I almost step on them! All that for $17.99. And my health insurance paid for them.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I probably bought the same workout pants!! I saw them in the add and thought to myself, "Long workout pants?! Count me in!" And they were 17.99. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I wish I got paid to be healthy. Not only is your health insurance practically free because the city pays so much, but you can also get money back. Whenever you think you don't get paid enough, remember these things that affect how much you actually get for working.

Karrie said...

Believe me, for what I have to put up with, it's still not enough!