my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Brandy

Today is my friend Brandy's 29th birthday. And therefore her 29th birthday party. We are having a Champagne Extravaganza. Everyone is bringing a different bottle of champagne and that way we will be able to taste a whole bunch of different things. I am sure there is going to be lots of tasty things to eat.

For this reason alone, I made sure that I got to the gym this afternoon (I had the day off because I work the weekend). I still am not feeling well. My head is congested and my neck is tired from holding my head up. I haven't been sleeping very well lately, and therefore I am lacking energy. Still, I made it to the gym. It was easier because I knew that Erin was waiting for me. We did 30 minutes walking hills and 30 minutes on the AMT machine. It is quite a workout -- nice.

For Brandy's birthday, Jennifer and I bought her a 15-punch card to Goodyear fitness. So now she will be able to join us for classes. She will be excited about taking bodypower and maybe even kickboxing. But I bet I can talk her in to trying other things like Zumba and Cardio Blast. Yeah, more gym friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good, I hope she'll do Zumba with you cause that really doesn't sound like a class I would enjoy at all. Ever.