my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Trail

Today's Running Goal: 4 miles
Modified Running Goal: 3 miles
Accomplished: 3 miles in 38:04
I made a great pact with myself that I would take my workout clothes to work, change into them at 6:00 there, walk down to the trail that is only two blocks from the library, and run four miles. I would then have time to drive home just in time for The Biggest Loser. Then I got Erin talked into running with me. She wanted to do only three miles since she hasn't run in two months. I figured that since I haven't run three miles in a row in two months either, that was probably plenty. So we did. We did walk about .12 miles right in the middle. And we didn't set any speed records, but we did the workout. My dad, who is by no means an athlete, but calls me three times a week since he has nothing else to do, claims that even though you lose your running skills so incredibly fast, you gain them back just as fast. So I am confident that even though I can only run three miles in 38 minutes, I will be down to 33 or 34 in just a few weeks.

I have never run on that trail next to work. It was beautiful and it was obviously a wonderful evening for an outdoor workout. I really should take advantage of that trail and walk on it during my lunch break. Or take more run opprotunities right after work. Too bad it will be cold soon.

My Salsa Chicken and Black Bean soup was so incredibly good. It had black beans, chicken, broth, salsa, corn and fat free sour cream. Delicious and Nutritious. It was so good that I ate two helpings; still only 500 calories though! And I will have enough left overs for three or four meals.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Where did you get this soup recipe from, and can I have it? It sounds like something I would enjoy thoroughly!

Karrie said...

I found it on a new website I really love. Search google for "a year of slow cooking". This lady used her crockpot for 365 days in a row. Then look on her webpage for "Salsa Chicken Black Bean soup". It was yummy!