my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, September 28, 2009

Not too Shabby

After a great week of weight loss and a weekend of being away from home I was still able to lose three pounds and maintain it throughout the weekend. Being down to 12 pounds to lose in six weeks gives me a lot more optimism. However, I know that there are going to be weeks of no loss. And it seems that all this wedding preparation involves eating un-healthfully. Fortunately, this week truly is a week that I have nothing "official" to do. I will be in my own house all week; eating my own meals, having time to workout. That is the recipe for good weight loss!

Tonight I went to Spinning; I am really starting to enjoy the Monday spinning routine. Nobody showed up for Kickboxing, which makes me feel a little bad for the instructor. But I hope that the gym realizes that Turbo Kick is NOT what we're interested in, and will bring back an instructor that can teach Combat. My knee hurt a little bit again in Spinning, but nothing that I couldn't work through. My thighs were sore from running yesterday and we seemed to concentrate a lot on thighs tonight. But I want to work my legs, and this is the answer. BodyPower seemed pretty easy this evening. I need to get back to using a large on the warm up. That seems to make the entire session seem just a little better.

I was craving Chinese food today, so I decided to make something at home. Chinese food is so fattening and bad for me, so I have to keep myself from indulging. When I want Chinese food, I am not hoping for lots of veggies in a light sauce. I am thinking deep-fried Orange/Sesame/General's Chicken. So I found a recipe for grilled Orange Chicken. It was easy, but didn't fill the craving. I also bought the ingredients for a healthy Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup. It will cooking all day in my crockpot tomorrow. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should put in a comment to Jen (isn't that her name) at the gym. Last time you did that you got instant results - it wouldn't hurt.