my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Good Food

Technically I haven't been home for a whole week since the 10th of August. Since then I have been doing a lot of dog-sitting mixed with the week and a half that was grandma's funeral and family time. Finally, I am home again with nothing on the horizon. So it was time I went out and bought some food. I spent an hour at Walmart and came away with only $41 worth of stuff (seven of which was toilet paper). Still, it was all nutrious things like yogurt and fruit and chicken and special K bars. I am ready to get back on the right path tomorrow. And begin my four-week-run-faster 5k plan. More to follow...

I was up celebrating (meaning gambling: the only way Grandma would want us to mourn her death) with my family until 2:30am last night. I rolled out of bed at 10:10 so I could make it to work this morning. I worked until 8:00 and went to the grocery store. Needless to say, I did not workout. But all starts anew tomorrow. Now I must catch up on some sleep!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That's some late night gambling! Good job on the groceries, we've been trying to buy healthier and it is tough...

Karrie said...

At least you have healthy food to go with your left over pizza!