my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ugh

This week is a prime example of how not having to work does not equate more time left over for working out. I ran once with Jeanie on Sunday. Then I was home Monday and Tuesday and didn't workout or go to the gym once. I am heading out of town soon, and won't be making it the gym this morning. As I go more and more days without working out it makes it harder and harder to make it a priority. And as I spend more and more time away away from the gym, I eat worse and worse. I have only gained two pounds which is impressive with the amount of junk food I feel like I have eaten since Friday. I have this "the viewing" tonight and will not be home in time to workout (unless I could get my dad to go for a walk with me, but that is a 0% chance). Tomorrow morning is the funeral; we have to be there at 9:00, and about eight of us have to get ready in the same house. So unless I get up at 5am, I probably won't get a workout in. I have no idea how the day will go. I assume after the funeral there will be a lot of relatives at my dad's house and excusing myself to go for a run might not be the most tasteful. These are relatives that I have not seen in at least eight years.

I talked to Jen last night. She is back from her Honeymoon and is now on her lose-the-wedding-weight-diet. Once this funeral/family crisis is over I will have to go on one of those.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe the break will make you re-energized with working out as soon as you have the chance to start it all up again. for me, it would make it harder to go back, but you probably miss it much more than I do, so you'll probably be glad to get back into your usual routine once you start it.