my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Even Worse

I was at my mom's house all week but I thought that I was doing fairly well on my eat-healthy plan. And I knew that I was doing better at working out than I had been. But somehow I failed. I am blaming the three times I ate out between Thursday evening and Friday evening. And I will also blame the very decadent dessert I got Friday night at The Blue Orchid just because Shannon always gets dessert and it looks so good. Either way, my weight was up two pounds this week. Now I am looking at fifteen pounds that I want gone in just seven weeks. That's discouraging, and much worse than the thirteen in eight I was facing last week. I need to make a very good effort this week and it needs to start with eating well. I know that I work out well and have got the exercise part of weight-loss under control. It's the healthy eating, and eating out that I need to work on. It's so hard when people put chocolate and chips in front of my face. But sometime I must have known how to say no.

I have decided that I need a new workout goal, so I am going to run the Governor's Cup Race in October. This was the 5k that I did two years ago with Curtis. I have high goals for this time around. First, I will probably be running it alone, unless there are any running buddies out there wanting to sign up with me. Second, I hope to knock about 10 minutes off of my time. I will have to check, but I am pretty sure it took me 41 minutes last time, and I would be so proud of myself if I could do this next one in 31-33 minutes. However, it is just four weeks from tomorrow. No worries though; I am developing a plan. I already know that I can run three miles. And if I went out today and did it I could probably do it in 36 minutes easy. Not too long ago I did it in 32:50. I just need to work on running over and over and over. of course, this all depends on if I have that Sunday off of work. It's too late to ask for it, and too soon to know if I am scheduled. I will begin training anyway.

No comments: