my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bad News

I received some bad news on Friday afternoon: my grandmother passed away. So that derailed my workout plans for Friday evening. I spent the time trying to find something black to wear to the funeral. And when that didn't work out I turned to some really bad food to comfort me: Qdoba. I made sure to get up this morning and get a workout in. I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical and then headed up to the weight room. I did about 4 arm-exercises (of 7) and then got pretty tired of waiting for all the new people ahead of me trying to figure out the machines, so I left. I guess that's better than nothing. I did get nine inches of my hair cut off today. It still falls right below my shoulders. How did it ever get that long. If only it was heavier, and would make some difference in the scale.

Today I am headed up to my dad's to be with my family and help him buy a suit. I am sure that there will be a lot of food that people feel we need to eat when there is a death in the family. But I am taking my running shoes and hoping to sneak out a few times to take my dad's dog for a run. We'll both need the break. Spending five days with my family could cause a mental breakdown; even more than a death.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Getting out for a run while your with your family might help you stay sane and alone with your thoughts. After a weekend with my family (and that was for a happy occasion) I know how frustrating family can be. Hang in there! If you need a friend, you know who to call. (me!)