my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back in the Running

I have taken an entire week off from working out. Last Sunday I took my dad's dog, Jeanie running. But since she's not used to it there was a lot of stopping to smell things along the way. So mostly it was just a walk. And it included a time when she stepped on a sticker and I had to pull them out of her paw, while she was trying to limp along, and I thought that I as going to have to carry a 90-pound dog back a mile. Anyway after a week of not working out and a week of eating poorly, I finally got back to it this morning. I am dog-sitting for my mom all week so Hannah and I got up (pretty) early this morning and went for a run/walk. I knew that I wouldn't be able to run for 30 whole minutes, since I haven't run successfully in such a long time. So my goal was to run/walk for 30 minutes one song at a time. I made it 28 minutes before I was home again and decided to stop. But I was still pretty tired. I averaged 15 minute miles, so I must have been going pretty fast both in running and walking. The few times I checked my mph I was going between 10:45 minute-miles and 11:20 minute-miles while running. I still burned slightly over 200 calories, so it was a fine workout. I had planned to go to Gold's later in the day to do some weight-lifting, but then it got later and later, and I plan on taking BodyPower tomorrow and don't need to be sore for that. I guess 30 minutes of exercise is better than none.

No comments: