my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, September 14, 2009

Unlucky Thirteen

I am getting serious about this now. I was serious about it two weeks ago as well, but then dog-sitting and family deaths put a hijinks in that plan. When I stepped on the scale Saturday morning I was still at 13 pounds. It amazes me that that's the number my body gravitates towards. I can eat a lot of junk or work out a ton, but unlucky thirteen is right where it likes to stay. You might be thinking that this is my "happy-weight"; the place where I can maintain without killing myself. But you are wrong. In fact, I am pretty sure that I have more than 13 pounds to lose, but I won't know until I EVER get to that point. Again, I am dog-sitting for the week, but I am making sure to eat right and workout. I had a granola bar and water for Breakfast. For lunch I met Erin at Subway (always a good place to start) and I am headed to kickboxing and bodypower after work. My mom's house is stocked with fruits and lettuce and grilled chicken, and there seem to be no chips or chocolate in sight -- the perfect combination. The weather should be great as well, which should encourage Hannah and I to take plenty of walks and the occasional run. Jennifer's wedding is just eight weeks away. I might as well use that as my goal to finish. I am serious... here I come.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yikes! Eight weeks away? It seemed longer than that.... I guess I really need to step up the game plan so I can be the second best looking bridesmaid :)

Karrie said...

Well, I think we already have the one and two spots covered ;). But it's always good to have a goal none the less!