my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The 4 Week Plan

Four weeks from Sunday I want to run a 5k in 31 minutes. Two years ago I ran my first 5k (this same one) in 41:10. What a huge improvement this would be if I could actually pull it off. However, I don't have a lot of time to train. I am going to follow an aggressive plan, and we'll see if it leads to record breaking races. I will run three times a week:

Speed: Run three miles (Week 1 - 35 mins. Week 2 - 33 mins. Week 3 - 32 mins. Week 4 - 31 mins.)

Distance: Run 4 miles at an easy pace

Intervals: Run intervals at 6.0mph (Week 1 - 3/1, Week 2 - 4/1, Week 3 - 5/1, Week 4 - 6/1)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why isn't your calendar posted? You're so much more the calendar type than the list type, I was sure the calendar would be posted. Good luck on the start of your training. You've already accomplished so much, I'm sure you can do great on this race too!

Karrie said...

They don't allow calendars on this blogging device. You can upload pictures but not documents. And there doesn't appear any way to make a chart. So for the purposes of this blog I have to list.

The calendar is on my fridge!