my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, October 2, 2009

Nothing is Happening

Wednesday evening I attended spinning and BodyPower. Pretty much same-old same-old there. Last night, was my first Thursday off in a long while. I am now switching my ten hour work days to Tuesday, so I will getting off of work at 6:00 on Thursdays from now on. So I started this new lifestyle by taking the Butts n' Guts class. It had previously been taught by Steven, an instructor I didn't care for. Now it is taught by Liz, who is the kickboxing teacher that I don't care for (confused yet?). She was alright for butts n' guts though. She's by no means inspirational, and she doesn't push us super-hard. But my glutes were in some serious pain a few times during the 45 minute session. And today my obliques are a little sore, even though I didn't feel them while it was happening. I could see myself taking this class on a weekly basis. However, I don't want to commit to it so much that I don't allow myself to have a life. Technically Thursdays will be the only weeknight that I am free to do other things, so I must keep it open. Still, if I am just going to go home to sit on my butt, I might as well be working it off first.

The scale jumped a little earlier in the week and has refused to budge. How upsetting. I feel like there is nothing I can do, and that just encourages me to go eat more. For example, I am now off to meet some girlfriends for lunch, and I must make sure to get something healthy, but what I am wanting is chocolate. I even indulged in a Margarita last night, although I split a meal. Maybe that's why the scale isn't moving...

No comments: