my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, October 12, 2009

Three's Company Too

I worked out almost three hours today. Luckily I had taken the day off of work, and had plenty of time to do that. And I didn't do much else. This morning I woke up at 7am to go running with my friend/coworker Shannon. She has just recently begun to run and is going to be joining me this Sunday for the Governor's Cup Race. She had never actually run outside, so we tested her ability this morning. It was so early that I didn't feel like pushing too much, and she doesn't talk as much as Brandy, and it was rainy, and cold. But we did three miles in 35:20. That's not bad given all that criteria. And we both feel like we can push ourselves on race day to come in just under 34 minutes. I am going to do another long run (4 miles) later this week, and then I will done with my training. During Saturday's intervals I must have hurt my knee. It has been quite painful for me to go up and down stairs for the last two days. But it didn't seem to effect my run.

This evening I attended my regular Spinning class. Brandy joined me, but we weren't able to get bikes next to each other, which is unfortunate. As always, this was an excellent hour of sweating and my knee didn't hurt at all during this class. We stayed for BodyPower but I had to skip out on squats because that hurt my knee a lot. Besides that it was an excellent class. I have used a large weight on the warm up a few times now, but often I forget until I am half way through and it's too late to increase. I need to figure out a way to remember.

After all of that you'd think that my weight would react in some way. But I have not been eating well at all. Yesterday was Jennifer's wedding shower and I ate two pieces of cake plus some mints. Then Jen and I stopped for margaritas and chips and salsa before she had to go back to Omaha. Finally, after four hours of making/stuffing favor boxes with Jennifer's family, we order pizza. It's not like I am eating a ton of food. I am just eating junk. I definitely need to eat more healthier during this week leading up to my race. Well, and you know, the rest of my life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least we didn't break into tons of candy during the favor making process - we kept too busy.

I still think maybe you should have someone look at your knee - maybe you just need some kind of brace or something and it wouldn't be a big deal, but might if you don't take care of yourself.