my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Zero Workout Plan

I have a new thought on working out: don't do so much of it. Every once in a while I go through this phase where I just don't feel like working out. This generally translates into four to five hours of gym time opposed to the usual seven I do. And in these periods of slacking I generally find that I lose weight. How baffling! I wonder if I am losing muscle or something like that. But what if this is the theory: when I workout seven plus hours a week, I eat more. And I probably eat more than the 300ish calories I burn by working out. I'm not saying that I am going to quit working out entirely. I am just going to tone it down a little and see if I see results. This week I have only worked out four hours (and probably won't add any more tomorrow). My scale was down two pounds this morning. So far it's working! On the other hand, when I am not working out, I crave it. I can't wait to go running and see how far/fast/long I can run. Maybe a little downtime with be good for me in several ways.

No comments: