my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Stealing Jen's Workout

Taking a hint from last Sunday's workout with Jen I ran more intervals tonight. My goal was to do the same thing we did last week: run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes for 24 minutes, plus a three minute warm up and cool down. This week I was on a treadmill and was able to control my speed, plus I wasn't tired from doing another workout prior to this one (although I was tired from working all day). I made sure each running interval was between 9:30 and 10:00 minute miles. It was difficult, and the two minute walk break wasn't ever enough. But I travelled more than two miles in the half hour workout which was pretty good.

I had met my mom at Gold's so we went up to the weight room and did some things. I am planning on going to BodyPower tomorrow, so I didn't want to do lot of weight lifting. But I showed my mom how to do lunges and I did several using a riser. Then I showed her lots of the moves we did last week in Butts n' Guts. So I worked my abs some more. After 30 minutes wasting time upstairs we went home. But it was a good workout to end the week. And it takes my total workouts to eight hours this week, which I haven't accomplished in months. Unfortunately, my weight has only gone up this week, so I have no optimism for my weigh-in tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job for you and your mom! I hope you're plesently surprised by the scale tomorrow!

Jen said...

Stealing sounds so bad, how about "borrowing"?