my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cool Runnings

Yesterday's Running Goal: 4 miles
Accomplished: 4 miles in 49:08 (12:17 miles)
I wasn't trying to break any speed records last night, I just wanted to get out there and run four miles. I haven't actually done this since early August, in extreme humidity. Last night was anything but humid. It was chilly (48 degrees) and dark and a little windy. But after I got done working ten hours, I met Brandy at my mom's house to run with Hannah. Those 49 minutes dragged on for hours. Even though it was nice to have Brandy to talk to, it seemed like it was never going to end. Still, I wasn't going so fast that I was worn out. My legs were really achy when I got done though, which I think might be a sign of the cold weather, because I don't remember this happening in the summer. The last two times that Brandy and I have run has been less than optimal outdoor weather. So we are certain that we will be fine no matter what the weather is a week from Sunday. Later this week I will try to run another 3 miles extra fast. Tomorrow my goal is to actually register for the race. Then there is no going back.

Tonight Brandy and I tried a new Spinning class ( new teacher for me) at the gym. This lady was fun and spunky but her workout didn't seem as hard. I fell slightly in love with her when she said: you'll burn at least 500 calories in this next 45 minutes with me and that's enough for a large margarita! As always though, it was much better than Kickboxing. I can really feel it in my legs, and I am thinking that I should take some body measurements, so six weeks from now I can tell if my legs are actually slimming down or if it's just my imagination. I didn't have a chance to talk to Brandy about it, but we'll see if she wants to make it our regular Wednesday evening workout.

No comments: