my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, October 9, 2009

Almost Ready

Today's Running Goal: 3 miles in around 34 minutes
Accomplished: 3 miles in 33:32 (11:11 miles)
Excellent! Before the snow falls tonight and winter hits, Brandy met me after work for a quick three mile run. We pushed really hard and accomplished exactly what I wanted and then some. Obviously it was hard, and I was breathing really heavily. But I could probably cut off another minute next week on race day. It's not like I have a side ache (or any ovary pain) I just am panting as hard as I can, and my legs feel like they can't go any faster. Shannon (my running partner on race day) claims she was able to run three miles in 30 minutes this week, although she felt like she was going to pass out. So I think together we should be able to push ourselves. I am really appreciative to Brandy though, because I don't think I would make myself get out there and do this without her.

I had a stressful week at work. I have worked the last seven days in a row, and finally I have a three day weekend. Still, I managed to workout six hours since Monday. I was going to go to Butts n' Guts last night but I decided that I needed a day off, plus with this race training I have been pretty sore the last few weeks. I didn't need even more muscles holding me back. I am finally feeling a little less stressed. I hope to have a nice healthy weekend. If I get to bed now, I can get up early and go to spinning. We'll see. Otherwise, I'll head over to Gold's and run some intervals and lift some weights.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Way to kick some ass! And yay to a 3 day weekend. I get one of those next weekend... of course, I have a lot of errands to run and things to get done, but it will be nice.

Unknown said...

I love how you talk about your runs now - just a quick 3 mile run, it's nothing, really. When you have had to try so hard to get to this point. Maybe the fact that you consider it a short run means you are officially a runner! Congrats!