my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Two Beautiful Days

The last two days here have been sunny and in the mid-sixties. They have been perfect days to run down to the park or take a bike ride down to the trails. What have I done? Worked. I am finally on my sixth and last day of work for two days. I have also been sick. So I have not worked out since Monday. I am feeling gym-withdraw. I am also getting tired of being trapped inside while the beautiful sun-shiny day has been calling my name. Tomorrow, when I finally get a day off and will be feeling better? Snow! But I will make it to the gym tomorrow. Hopefully I can go in the morning before I find other things to occupy my time. I want to get some weight-lifting in especially since I missed bodypower this week. And I need to do some running since I haven't done that for quite a while. I am going to run as long as I possibly can, maybe 4 miles. That's my goal for the end of February and I need to see how far away I am from that. Although with this illness I may need to take it a bit easy my first time back!

My first bookclub meeting is this evening. Another thing that I can cross off of my list (along with: donating blood, buying stock, organizing photos, creating a facebook page, and taking a Zumba class). I just have to decide if I am going to eat a cupcake or not. That will be tonight's temptation. Last night I went to someones 30th birthday party and managed to come away without eating any cake. Sorry Sara; but good for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how hard we can work in kickboxing tonight, both because we missed some classes (me more than you) and because of the lingering remains of this cold. At least we know some low-impact options if we need them.