my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Easy Breezy

Two more hours of gym-time tonight. And for some reason it all seemed pretty easy. Kickboxing was exhausting but the time flew by and as soon as I was really tired it was already over. Then there as enough of a break between the two classes that I actually stopped sweating and cooled down for a minute. I went high on squats and that was tough, but rewarding. Then I went high on triceps (no problem) even though dips were involved. I am beginning to enjoy dips, even though most other people hate them. I find them better to do correctly than the kickbacks and french presses. I also kept using high weights on biceps, which was really hard but I made it through with only one or two skipped reps. Most amazing though was shoulders. I did the same weight I always do, the same weight I have always done: medium. It seemed easy. For the first. time. ever. I think it was an easier shoulder song, but still. Instead of wanting to die and throw the weight down by the second to last rep, I was still going strong. What is happening? Am I actually developing upper body strength again? Woo hoo!

I am planning on taking tomorrow off from working out, since I have my 11 hour work day. Friday after work I am hoping to do some running. I had planned on attempting my four miles again on Saturday morning, but Brenda (Jennifer's sister) wants to go to spinning at Goodyear. I hate to pass up working out with other people. Therefore, I need to do my running Friday evening. That will be my last Gold's day. Although I hate them, I am going to be sad.

2 comments:

BrandyGirl said...

And I gladly count myself as one of those "may people who hate them". But maybe after a few more classes and it's more routine again, I'll like dips as well ;-)

Anonymous said...

So you we are officially not members of Gold's anymore. It's sad that they put us in this position, but I'm not sad to not be a member now that their gym has nothing for me. We don't need them anymore - we have a little suckier gym, but one that has the classes we love. Gold's can shove it! I hope they go bankrupt.