my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, February 13, 2009

Doing Slightly Better

I had today off from work; so my goal was to get up and get to the gym before the blizzard started. Luckily Brandy had the day off as well and we made plans to meet there, so I actually had to do it. Perfect! We did 30 minutes of cardio; I needed to do some running. But I could only keep it up for 3 minutes. So I alternated running and walking for .25 miles. Then we spent some time in the weight room. I was even more sore when I woke up this morning but weight lifting actually helped. I made sure to concentrate on my upper back/shoulder area and now it feels a lot better.

I have eaten pretty poorly this week. I celebrated my ten-year work anniversary by having Margaritas Monday evening (and loads of chips and salsa). I met work friends on Tuesday evening to celebrate Steph's birthday. Wednesday Erin and Jennifer and I went to Qdoba and I discovered this great cheese nacho thing they have (1220 calories!). Good thing I don't go there very often. I haven't had time or energy to go to the grocery store in weeks so I have no food to eat and that means I have eaten out several times. There's only so many times a week a girl can eat at Subway, so my choices aren't always the best. I have plans all weekend too, which probably mean more restaurant eating. Combined with limited gym-time, I am not anticipating a good weigh-in on Monday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you'd never get tired of Subway.... What happened to that? I pretty much only eat out - it's a shocker to me that I don't weigh 400 lbs. But I do need to start eating at home more. I don't even enjoy eating out anymore - it has become so normal that it's more of a special occasion when I eat at home. I need to reverse that trend. It seems I'm always involved in your bad food days - is that because you invite me to your bad food days or because I encourage them??? Maybe I should work on helping you and myself and say down with eating out - but that's a little extreme and I would probably starve eventually - so maybe I'll just try to be better.