my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can't. Move. Head.

Well I made it back for Kickboxing last night. We have so many people show up for class that we have moved into the gym now, as opposed to the classroom area. This is fueling my argument for a Saturday class more and more. I was almost back to full-force and could feel myself really getting into the moves. Marika made us do those lunges/side-lunges again and I could immediately feel it in my thighs; they hadn't recovered from Monday yet. Then I stayed for BodyPower and made myself use heavy weights. I had taken a week to recover and now I needed to get back in gear. Today I am so sore in my neck and shoulders area that I can barely move my arms and head. It makes it difficult to do library work, you know: lifting books, typing, pointing to a specific section, lifting boxes and bins, setting up tables and chairs, even smiling hurts! But hey, at least I did something right? And since I bought bridesmaid dress #1 last night, I need to start working super-hard on making sure my shoulders/arms/back side look stunning. You know, so it will look like the rest of me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back full force! That cold was a killer - I still have some coughing/nasal congestion from it - who knows when that will totally disappear. But, it's so much better that I hardly notice it. I still think you should get a petition or something to arm yourself for the request for a Saturday class. I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested.