my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Precipice

I have had a good week. I lost 4 pounds. This takes me down to 17 pounds to lose. Seventeen pounds... the dreaded seventeen pound mark. I was stuck there from last May until Thanksgiving (except for a brief 6 pound loss during July while I was preparing for my high school reunion). This is the precipice that I can not get around, the canyon I have to trek through. But here's my thought: Last time I just meandered up to the hole and tried to jump over and when you try to jump over a hole standing still, it never works. This time, I have backed myself up (to 28 pounds to be exact) and I have started running towards the hole; and that will be much more successful. Everyone knows that the only way over a canyon is fast running... or a bridge! If I could keep up this pace (11 pounds in a month) I would be done in March, how exciting would that be?! For now, me and my extra seventeen pounds need to finshish getting better and we need to get back to the gym this evening. I never went yesterday because I woke up feeling worse than I had the two days before. But I have finally purchased some good Sudafed (behind-the-counter-type-stuff) and that sucks the sickness right out of me! Ahhh, to be medicated and four pounds lighter! Today will be a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Medicated, 4 pounds lighter, AND a day off! Even though the weather isn't as warm as it was when you worked, it's still nice to have a rainy day like today off. And it almost feels like a spring rain because it isn't very cold outside. So, unless the snow starts sometime today, it isn't a bad day to have off - especially since it's perfect nap weather!