my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lucky Number Seven

I made it to the gym for seven hours this week. This is the first time that has happened in a long time. Two hours for classes both Monday and Wednesday; an hour on Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. On top of that I have taken several ten-minute walks around the neighborhood with my mom's dog. Not that we work up a sweat (that's hard to do in 29 degree weather and heavy wind) but it still burns a few extra calories. Not to mention the six varioius push-ups that I have done at different times of the day. I'm pretty proud of myself that I got seven hours of gym time in this week. I am really feeling like I should use my Gold's membership as much as possible before it's gone.

By the end of this month (next Saturday) I have to be able to run four miles. It is looking bleak. Today I told myself that I would just keep slowing down until it happened, and I would let myself take as many 10-second drink breaks as I needed. Well I made it about 2.5 miles, and then I just couldn't go on anymore. I walked .25 miles hoping to start up again, but that never happened. Part of me thinks that I will be able to do it when I absolutely have to... seeing as so much of it is a mental battle. However, it looks like that is going to have to be Tuesday evening, Friday evening or Saturday morning... and the odds are getting slimmer.

Since I am staying at my mom's house this week I don't have an accurate scale to jump on. I did get on hers last week and as a comparison, it is two pounds down. I guess that is good news. I haven't been eating very well. My mom has nothing healthy in her cupboards. Last night I resorted to eating a frozen pizza. I have eaten out several times this week and it needs to stop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Biggest Loser challenge could have some kind of point system involved too - like negative points for eating out and positive points for working out. And then there could be some kind of points per week goal or something - I don't know - it just seems like that would help if the scale wasn't moving much. It would still be motivating. Anyway, we can talk about it.

Jen said...

I totally hear you on the eating out bit. That's all I've been doing and it's really starting to show!

Anonymous said...

Eating out is pretty much all I ever do - guess I'm doomed, or I could look at it as I'm lucky I don't weigh 400 pounds. I should quit though, it's expensive AND unhealthy.