my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Not this Challenge

Jennifer finds it amusing that I have never been in a weight-loss challenge that I have lost and therefore refuses to ever play with me again. But today, I lost a challenge. Curtis didn't get to his goal weight either, so perhaps you would consider that a tie, or a draw, or just not winning rather than a loss. But I loss to myself. I was so close. I had planned on eating really light and heathy yesterday to see if I could drop those last three pounds. But a co-worker of mine invited me to dinner at a Veg-Mex Bistro. We were carpooling to a teen event in the evening and I didn't want to say no. And remember, I do want to try new restaurants, but honestly, the idea of a vegetarian Mexican place was scary at first. I got the veggie nachos, which of course had chips and cheese but lots of black beans and corn and salsa and squash. Seeing as it was my only real meal of the day, I was doing swell. Then my boss (the head of Youth Services) invited us out for a drink after the concert. I couldn't say no to the two rounds of drinks she was buying. It's like a job-requirement. Luckily (?) the scale was at that same 3 pounds this morning. So I decided to stop eating and see if it would budge. Even a pound. By 3 o'clock, after working out this morning, and not eating since those nachos at 5:00 yesterday, the scale was still at 3 pounds. It's just not gonna happen. Not today. I will be a winner soon though. Maybe next weekend! And I am going to know that I did it the right way, and continued to go out with friends and eat real food and live a normal life!

No comments: