my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jen's Wedding Weekend

I took Friday off and had a three day weekend because of Jen and Don's wedding. We had a great time and it was a wonderful wedding. Unfortunately I did nothing healthy for myself with those three days off. Friday I actually was feeling back to normal after my cold and I did make it to the gym for an hour. I used the elliptical machine for 30 minutes and then lifted weights for 30 minutes. But Friday night at the Rehearsal Dinner I ate a lot of chips and gaucamole and cake and M&Ms. I had once had hopes of getting up early on Saturday day morning to workout, but that didn't happen. We had to be in Omaha by 10am to get our hairs done, and after that, even though there was lots of downtime, working out was out of the question. Like I said, the wedding was wonderful and I probably burned some calories during the three-hour dance session I participated in. I didn't get to each much food during the event, but I made up for it with several glasses of wine. I didn't sleep well in the hotel this morning and woke up feeling like crap. I ate some pasteries and other bad-for-me foods this morning at brunch and then felt ill the rest of the day. I never made it to workout today either. But I did end the weekend with a healthy Sub sandwich.

I managed to eat very well last week and got my weight down to the 8 or 9 pound mark as of Friday morning. We'll see where I am tomorrow. I am going to get serious about this final weight loss. I need to buy new Fall clothes (at least a pair of jeans) and I would really like it to be in a smaller size. Currently nothing smaller fits, but my own jeans are too stretched out and large to keep up without a belt.

As exhausting as it was, I am so happy to have celebrated with Jen and Don. I hope they have a long and healthy life together. And as soon as Jen gets back from her Honeymoon I hope that she can get back to working out and inspiring me to work harder.

No comments: