my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, August 10, 2009

No Time to Blog

I have been busy this weekend and have neglected my blog and pretty much all aspirations of working out. I have Friday off from work, and met Brandy at 7:30am to run. I hadn't done any real running since our Columbus race almost two weeks ago. My goal was to do four miles with her. But the humidity and my exhaustion was too much. I had to take just a couple walk breaks and we ended up quitting around 3.3 miles. Next week we'll try for more; if she'll keep running with me that is. Then I spent all day Friday in Omaha helping Jen make Wedding mints. There was a lot of snacking and mint tasting. We ate an unhealthy Mexican dinner and indulged in candy at a movie later. Not good.

Saturday and Sunday I worked. Both days I had high hopes of working out. I meant to ride my bike to work on Saturday, but I realized that I needed to run some "work-errands" and would need my car to get from location to location. Then I was to tired when I got off of work to actually go to the gym as I had planned. I took a nap from 7:00-8:00 and then went to bed at 11:00. Sunday morning I told myself that I would get up early and go for a run. I did get up, but just as I was about to head out the door, it started pouring rain. I didn't really want to go anyway. I stayed home and read a book instead. I ate really poorly all weekend too. What is wrong with me?

Now it's Monday and I am starting fresh. I am about to go to the grocery store and get some healthy things to cook this week. I have today off and took a four-day vacation later this week. I should be able to get back on track with my eating and my working out. I'm trying spinning again tonight followed by my all-time favorite: BodyPower. I am taking Tuesday evening off to have a little dinner party (and celebrate summer). Wednesday I have go to a Saltdogs game for work, so I will be missing all classes. I will try to make it to the gym in the afternoon, when I don't have to work. Then my four day vacation starts. Besides a lot of indulging at Jen's bachelorette party on Saturday, I am going to keep on track. I think I noticed that my pants were feeling tight yesterday. I can't let that go on!

3 comments:

Jen said...

We may not have eaten the best on Friday, but it was well worth it! I had a better time that day and night than I have in a long time! You guys are the bestest!

Karrie said...

Good to hear. I had tons of fun too. We need to make an effort to spend quality time together more often. See you again Saturday!

Unknown said...

I have been neglecting your blog too - I'll be better. I just haven't had a lot of internet time at work, and I don't usually check this at home. But I have been keeping up on reading - just not enough time to comment. And now they are so old that it's kinda pointless. Anyway - here's to comments on your future posts