my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wait, I Love KickBoxing

I went back to kickboxing last night, after two weeks off, and was pleasantly reminded as to how much I love it. First, our instructor Mary was about 7 minutes late. So the instructor before her, Steven (you may remember him from Butts and Guts and Zumba) decided that we would teach class as a step-class. This made me a little nervous, but a little excited to test my step ability without committing to a real class. Luckily, Mary showed up before we got very far, and shortly after I remembered how much I disliked Steven. Then since Mary was late, she spent the next 40 minutes kicking our behinds. It was great. And as I was watching myself in the mirror, I realized just how good my shoulders look and I owe it all to Kickboxing. Now I am torn. Because I love kickboxing and all the calories it burns and all the good things it does for my arms. But I would like those same things to happen to my legs. So I am going to let myself take Spinning once a week and Kickboxing once a week and hope that I can learn to make myself sweat enough on a bike. On the other hand, Spinning is offered at other times. I could make myself go at 8:00 on Saturday morning or Sundays at 11:00. Yeah, I should work on adding more classes, not compromising the ones that I already take.

No comments: