my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Guess Who's Back

That might be an exaggeration, but I got Jennifer to go to BodyPower with me this morning. I am sure that it has been at least a month since she has gone (my half birthday?). You know she does have a wedding to get ready for. Since Jennifer went to lift weights with me again, I thought I'd put the special weight lifting image on the blog today. Speaking of weddings, Jen's is just one week away. And I have to say: I am impressed with the status of my shoulders. However, as I try on the dress for her wedding, I realize that my shoulders don't show as much as my biceps and triceps, which I am not as impressed with. And even though I will never have nice legs, the heels I have chosen to wear will accentuate the small calf muscle that I have developed.

This morning my scale played a trick on me. I awoke about 8:20 and weighed myself, same as yesterday. Then I read a book for a while, took some medicine, laid in bed (remember I have a cold) and then before I got dressed to go to the gym, I weighed myself again (remember I have an obsession) and it spiked four pounds. Four. Pounds. My only guess is that is the phloem that has been produced by my head. I'm going to pretend it did happen, and worry about what the scale says tomorrow. I ate alright today, nothing super healthy, but not a ton of crap either. Now I am in this waiting pattern to beat this cold and get out there and work out again.

No comments: