my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, July 17, 2009

Two Weeks till Slim.

The worst thing about weighing in on Friday morning is that I have to work late Thursday evening. So if I do any eating after eight o'clock that food is generally still on me when I weigh in on Friday. And if I do more eating than necessary, which I have been known to do, then the scale is way off. Well, last night I got to spend some time with Jennifer (which is seems I never do anymore). We celebrated by having margaritas and chips and salsa, and more! Needless to say, the salt nor the scale was my friend this morning. I was up a pound from last week. Still, I believe that I am going to have a healthy weekend and an even healthier week, and by next Friday I will have passed the four pound mark that I was at earlier this week and be down to two or three. I have to. I am just two weeks from my goal date.

Today's Running Goal: 4 miles (with Erin and Brandy)
Accomplished: 4 miles in 47:54 (11:57 miles) ALL OF US!
Turns out Erin can run four miles. She was worn out at the end, but it's only because I made us sprint and she probably didn't have as much left in her as I did. But I absolutely know that we'll be able to do all five miles next weekend for the big race. I just need to convince Erin of that. We met at a new trail at 7:30am. It was absolutely beautiful this morning. We were even cold before we started running. The trail had quite a bit of sun directly on us, but there were patches of shade as well. It was all level and the breeze was lovely. I don't even think that I broke a sweat. Is that possible? Brandy talked talked talked, just like I expected her to do, and by the time I knew it, we were done. I defiantly could have gone another mile or two and I am excited that Brandy has agreed to run the race at my pace! I have set a goal of one hour and I'd really like to meet it. Still, I am willing to walk if Erin really needs to; I wouldn't want her first race experience to end in the back of an ambulance. And I know that if weather conditions are not as optimal as today, it will be harder. Obviously I am not so much faster than the 12 minute mile pace that I can allow myself to do much worse. Either way, it's all for fun and I am looking forward to it today, unlike yesterday when I didn't think it was even possible. Thanks girls, for a great morning run! I think we should make some sort of habit out of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I see a pattern here about your poor food choices and how they correspond with time spent with me.... Is that because I'm a bad influence or because you want to eat these places with me? I'm not sure I know the answer to that.