my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Running Partners

I need help. I really want to run this Five-Mile Columbus Downtown Run-Around on July 25th. But I haven't been able to run more than two miles on my own. I need some running partners. I need someone that can push me to go four or even five miles. I need someone that can go slow enough (my speed) without feeling like I am holding them back. I need someone that had enough conversation skills to keep me preoccupied while we run for the better portion of an hour. If you feel that this is you: please let me know.

Tonight I am hoping to run four miles. I don't get off of work until 8:00, but I wouldn't want to run earlier than that anyway, with this heat. I will probably use the trail, because that is where I can do my best running. I am behind in my workouts for this week, and am beginning a stretch of working eight out of the next nine days. But I absolutely know that if I go home after work and sit on my couch and eat, the scale will not move in the right direction tomorrow. My only hope is that I get off work, move my butt and see the scale slide down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry - I can't be your partner. Maybe if you wanted to do 2 miles max or something like that, but not at the distances you are wanting. Plus I'm usually the one who wants to stop running, not the one pushing you harder. So I'll be there to congratulate you on finishing a goal, but can't be there for the long runs.