my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ready to Register

I think that it's time that I registered for this race. I am pretty apprehensive about it. I am unsure if I can run the whole five miles and I'm not sure who will be running with me if anyone is at all. I am also not looking forward to the hour-and-a-half drive I have to do before the race, and the family activities I will need to do in the afternoon. Then I have to hurry home to get ready for Jen's birthday party. It will be a busy and exhausting day. Will I have time for a nap to rest my tired muscles? And what's the point in doing a race that I am not looking forward to already? But I have already told people I know (my grandmas) that I will be there. Can't let people down... that's my life story.

Last night was an excellent Kickboxing/BodyPower combo. I let myself go light on some of my weights, because I was pretty sore from Monday. My back had been feeling tight so I lowered my squat weight. And my biceps were really sore from kickboxing, so I tried just using a Medium again on those. It was so easy. It's nice to be able to do every rep again.

Unfortunately I didn't eat very well yesterday. Jennifer had a coupon for this horrendous meal at Arbys. Mixed with getting home late, eating some junk food for dinner, my scale was back up two pounds today. Like it was just playing a little joke on me. A teaser. Oh well, it will become a permanent number soon enough.

I am taking today off from working out, and taking Friday as a vacation day from work. So it's up in the air if I Will be able to post anything before Monday. But I have a great weekend of workouts planned. Friday: Running four miles in the am with friends, biking in the evening with Curtis. Saturday: Bodypower in the morning, more running? Sunday: more running. Hey, we have a race to get ready for! I'm already at five hours this week, and it's looking like I might be able to get to nine or even ten. That would be a record. My weight would have to respond to that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I asked you first if you wanted to try the horrendous meal - plus we didn't add fries, so it could have been worse. But it was a free sandwich with the purchase of a drink - how could you go wrong? Except for the whole caloric intake business....