my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drunk Lifting

I came to a revelation today: working out on too little of sleep is more difficult than working out after too much working out. I hardly got any sleep last night and therefore was completly exhausting. I skipped kickboxing so that I could go home a get a couple hours of a nap in; still taking me to only around 4 hours of sleep total. I made myself get up and go to BodyPower, because I am committed to the muscle building plan, and won't be able to go Saturday as I have to work. It was so difficult. You know they say driving without enough sleep is equal to driving drunk. I guess the same can be said for weight-lifting.

After class I met my work-mates at Mazatlan for Margarita night. It was Megan's last day with us, and we were have a send-off party. I couldn't skip it because I love Megan and Margaritas. I was trying to limit the amount of food that I ate, and stuck with a small amount of chips. But I was still hungary, and I knew that if I didn't order food I would just keep snacking. So Erin and I split a meal. It was still more than I needed, but better than eating it all myself. My weight has stayed low all week (after the small gain from last weekend's holiday) but it hasn't gone lower than it was last Friday. I am not sure if I will see a loss this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I shouldn't ever get my own meal at a Mexican restaurant - or I should skip the chips, but we all know that won't happen. If I get my own meal I just end up way too full. So that's my new plan - I guess if nobody wants to share, I'll just have to take the rest home, which usually warms up pretty good actually.