my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Need More Time

I have been really busy this week. It's the last week of Summer Reading and in some ways it's just as stressful as the first week, except without all the excitement. Well, unless you count being excited about being done. Monday evening I missed my first class at the gym because I had to go home to record The Bachelorette. I should have had time to drive home, change clothes, hit record and drive to the gym. I could have been 3-5 minutes late, but I still would have gone. Technical difficulties kept me home for the next forty minutes trying to get abc to even come in on my television set. Finally it did, and I was able to make it to BodyPower.

Tuesday I thought about getting up in the morning to run; I really should be taking advantage of these wonderful temperatures. But alas, I was sleepy and ignored the alarm when it went off early. Tuesday afternoon brought on a very stressful (indeed traumatic) day for me, which is really more of Jennifer's story, so I won't post it on here. But it involved lots of blood, an ambulance and stitches and even typing it makes me want to cry now. After work we celebrated Erin's upcoming birthday with fattening Mexican food and delicious Margaritas. It was well deserved after the stressful afternoon, but did nothing for my fat-burning needs.

Again today I had hoped to get up and run in the morning. It was only 60 degrees when I got out of bed. But I easily convinced myself to sleep a little more. Tonight I have a library function until 7:00, so no classes as the gym for me. I do have plans to ride my bike to the park and play tennis for a while. Hopefully I can burn off a lot of calories doing that somehow. Tomorrow is a 11-hour work day for me, and Erin's actual birthday, so I said we should go out for Ice Cream. If I don't get up in the morning to run, it's looking like I won't be working out then either.

Also in the I need more time category: I still have six pounds to lose by Saturday's Challenge Finale. That's not going to happen. I just need to hope it doesn't happen for Curtis either and that way I will have only failed myself!

3 comments:

Jen said...

what is this about blood and stitches???? How come no one calls me and I have to read about it on this here blog?

Karrie said...

Perhaps you didn't get the point of this post -- I have NO time. No time to work out, no time to make phone calls.

And also, it's Jennifer's news to tell, so I don't feel like I should be blabing it. But you know I don't keep secrets, so I'll call you soon!

Jen said...

You shouldn't mention it in a public blog then!!!