my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, February 28, 2008

To Leap or Not to Leap

For the most part, it makes no difference that February has 29 days this month (except to my friend Gretchen who actually gets to celebrate a birthday this way). But for the rest of us, what's an extra day in the calendar? For some reason though, I feel like I should celebrate it. Like I have been given a gift of an extra day. One more day to be 28, one more day to make money so my gross income is higher than usual, one more day to have that spring-is-almost-here anticipation, one more day to become super-buff in 2008. It's like that extra hour you get during the "fall back" time change, but it's a whole 24 hour day. So what should I do with my extra time? Maybe just spend time with good friends, who show me that sometimes we leap too often!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't really get an extra hour for the fall back since you lose it for the spring forward, but despite the slight inaccuracy it was a pretty good comparison. I never thought of it as an extra day to be 27.

Jen said...

Way to rub it in Karrie's face that you (or shall I say we?) get an extra day to be 27 and she gets an extra day of being 28. I decided we should get Leap Day off of work every time it happens. I happen to have the day off of work and plan on celebrating by reading my book and a possible shopping trip. Yay Leap Day!

Karrie said...

Enjoy your extra day at 27 girls... so far, 28 hasn't been that good to me!