my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

577 Calories per Hour

Yesterday was my day to do speed intervals. My goal was to do 5/5 segments for 40 minutes. That 11 minute-mile is just too fast for me. It's like a full out sprint for 5 whole minutes. That's just too long. So I ended up doing 4/6 intervals. Good enough! I will stay at that for a few more weeks, and then see about increasing to 5/5. I moved up to 24 in my challenge. However, my lack of running today has pushed me back down to 26th. I am moving up the ladder pretty fast though -- that's pretty exciting.

I made it to BodyPump today. Hardly anyone was there. Maybe it was too cold out, but I am hoping that the January (New Year's Resolution) crowd has died out. Everything went smashingly! I burned 577 calories. I don't know how accurate that is; my heartrate monitor only tells me how many calories I am burning based on my last calculated heartrate. So when I am sweating through squats I can't take my heartrate until the end. But 577 calories were way more than I thought I would burn. I attempted the larger weight on triceps again, and did very well. Then Mary, (the teacher) said to boost your weight on biceps, because it was a short track, so I took her advice. Perhaps it was short, but it was very near impossible. I should be feeling that one tomorrow. Other than that, I might be ready to increase my squat track next time. Sweet improvement! I didn't get to stay after and do any cardio for a variety of reasons, including my aunt was in town and wanted to see me, and my car was ready to pick up at the shop. OH! I got Jennifer to go back to the gym today... what could she say -- I needed a ride?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sore today.... must make a point of getting to the gym more often... just don't know how to make myself start. Reading this makes me feel lazy for not going though, so that's a start maybe.