my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Two Mile Difficulties

So all weekend I have been trying to get a two-mile run accomplished. And it hasn't been working. As I mentioned, I couldn't do it Friday evening because of the ovary pain. Then I had hoped to do it Saturday morning, but I didn't stay long after BodyPump, because I had lots of things to get done on Saturday. So I went to the gym this morning with really good intentions. But I hardly ate anything yesterday and I was just too weak to run more than eight minutes. I was a third done, but I just couldn't face the other two thirds. So I walked and biked. Then, I went back to the gym this evening. Shocking, I know! I just had to get two hours of working out in before the week was over. I was sure I was going to make the two miles tonight. But, the ovary pain came back. Arrrghhhhh! This is just so frustrating. At least it masked the toe pain I was experiencing all afternoon. Tomorrow I am going to try doing Intervals again, because at least the pain doesn't get in the way when I am only running for 4 minutes at a time. Then I will attempt the two-miler again this week -- Wednesday perhaps.


I did make it to BodyPump on Saturday morning. I am always proud of myself when I get out of bed early on a Saturday just to go work out. But I have noticed this trend: I am too tired in the mornings to increase my weights. So if I am interested in increasing, I am going to have to do it on Tuesday evenings. Next Tuesday I will try to increase my squat weight and try to do the higher tricep weight again. I am thinking about going to BodyPump three days a week. I have just heard so many good things about weight-lifting. And now that I know it burns so many calories, it is totally worth the time committment. Perhaps I could schedule two BodyPumps per week and one free weight lifting session with Curtis. That will work different muscles too!

No comments: