my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Split Shifts

I almost always work Wednesday evenings until 9. Generally I try to get up at my "normal" time and go to the gym in the morning. If this doesn't work out for me, and my body instists on sleeping in, I make myself go after work at 9pm. Late, I know, but that's the price you have to pay if you turn your alarm clock off. Today however, I had to work a split shift. This means, I work 9-1 in the am and then 5-9 in the pm. This is the worst possible workout senario. Like I have mentioned before, I cannot make myself get up before work. Sometimes I can make myself go in between shifts -- but this equals two showers (and I had done a very nice job of blowing my hair straight today!). So that leaves after work. Since I have been up since 8am though, I am going to be too tired to get myself there. I tried to talk myself into all day. But I also need groceries. And when I went to have cereal for dinner and the milk expired 12 days ago, I knew I needed to make that a priority. Fresh and healthy food tonight; heart-healthy cardio workout tomorrow. I work a standard 12-9, so I will start the day off with the gym. And Erin - if I don't, I will buy you dinner this time!

No comments: