my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, February 8, 2008

Early to Rise

At work yesterday I mentioned to Erin that it was already Thursday and I had only worked out 3 hours this week. (Remember I need to work out 7 hours per week to meet my goal.) I mentioned that Friday was shaping up to be a no-workout-day, meaning I was busy in the evening. And it is impossible for me to get up before work to work out. Then Erin says: "I'll meet you at the gym in the morning, but you have to promise to be there or I will go home and cry." I agreed! So this morning, I made myself get up and meet Erin at the gym at 7:00am. I thought that there would be no way I would get a good workout in because I would be too sleepy to go hard-core. I warmed up with 30 minutes on the Eliptical machine and told myself I would run/walk the other 30. By that time I was more awake. So I ran one 12-minute-mile and walked the rest. That's a really good mile for me. I was able to do this in November when I was running a lot, but I haven't done it in a long time. It was hard, and I was sweaty, but I powered-through! And I have moved up to 31st in my nike challenge. Thanks Erin!

Now I have accomplished 4 workout hours this week. I only need three more hours and I have two days to get it in -- no problem. I usually plan to go to Bodypump on Saturday mornings and stay after for an hour of cardio. Then I will get one hour in on Sunday -- and everything will fall into place. I am doing fairly well on my eating this week. I haven't gone over 1100 calories yet.

No comments: