my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I love you because...

A love letter to my body:
I love you because,
  • you have shown me that if I treat you right, you treat me right.
  • you want to be a runner even if my mind doesn't.
  • you get stronger and stronger every day.
  • you often surprise me with what you can do.
  • you allow me to sleep almost 8 hours every night and you are an excellent nap-taker.
  • even though you had a lapse of judgement a few weeks ago (and allowed me to get sick) you recovered fast -- that's just how you are!
  • you drag me to the gym everyday, even in blizzards, when my car doesn't have heat, and the electric blanket is calling me.
  • no matter what size you are -- you will always have cute feet.

And I thank you for that!

Yours, Karrie

2 comments:

Jen said...

That was a nice love-letter to your body. I should do that because right now me and my body, well, we're on the rocks. The relationship definitely needs some TLC!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice thought to write a poem to your body! You truly are an inspiration to us all! Keep it up even when it seems hard/impossible. You can and ARE doing it!

Loe ya girl!
Brandy