my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Two Times a Week

I made it BodyPump again this morning -- woohoo, two times this week. I suppose I notice that it is getting easier again, but I'm not yet back to where I feel like I could lead the class. It seems like I have difficulties through every track. I did use a higher weight on my triceps today though. And congrats to my friend Jen, who went back to BodyPump today (in Omaha) after 6 months of not going (because it wasn't offered in her KC gym)! I wish you luck with the next three days of pain!

I stayed after to get some cardio done. I was hoping to do a little running -- like 1.25 miles, but all the *good* treadmills were being used. So I used an eliptical machine for 30 minutes -- going pretty fast and high resistance. Then, when I finally got on a treadmill I was dead. I ran for three minutes before I stopped and told myself I could try again tomorrow. I am perfectly on track to get all 7 hours of exercise in this week.

Then Jennifer and I went out for Bagels and Coffee -- and I ate up as many calories as I burned. At least I got the light cream cheese.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for the shout out in your blog. It is now day three and I am still hurting. I even tried to walk last night at the gym and only did about 15 minutes at 3.6 (fastest I could walk without falling over). Yikes! Can't wait 6 months for Bodypump again!