my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fish Oil

For some time now I have been meaning to add fish oil supplements to my diet. I bought a bottle a few months ago, and I have taken them off and on. Now I am going to get serious. A few months ago (probably when I bought them) I read an article saying fish oil supplements will help in weight loss. It said something along the lines of: those who ate right and exercised and took fish oil pills could lose more weight than those that just ate right and exercised. It didn't give numbers, so who knows how much more means. Now, I have spent the last hour trying to find the article online and I can't. Maybe I just imagined it!

Still, fish oil has many obviously benefits. It's proven to help prevent several diseases: colon cancer, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, etc... It is also supposed to help dry skin, arthritis, and alzheimers. So even if it doesn't help the fat melt off of me -- it has to help me in some way.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your blogs are very imfomative. Makes my blogs seem like diary entries and not real smart-like. Oh well! Let me know how the fish oil works out for you, maybe I'll give it a whirl myself.