my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Home Again Home Again

Well I am finally back in Lincoln. It is good to be home and back to work and a normal routine. Turns out, traveling makes me ill though. I have a really bad cold, and a super-dooper sore throat. So I am taking it easy and trying to recover. I know that I am sick because I was walking around in wet clothes half the time I was in California, on top of not getting enough sleep, not taking my vitamins as regularly as usual, not working out enough and not eating very well. At least now I can see that they were paying off. I went almost an entire year without getting sick like this -- I must have been doing something right.

I gained 5 pounds while I was in California. I don't even understand how this is possible. That is a pound every other day. There is no way I was eating an extra 1700 calories each day, so perhaps it's actually extra water weight from being on an airplane and drinking extra fluids since I am sick. Still, I don't like seeing the scale 5 pounds heavier. I need to get back to writing down everything I eat. Of course, as I am typing this I am enjoying a mini Hershey's candy bar (okay, I enjoyed two!).

Tomorrow I will get back to the gym and start eating better. That should slap this cold right out of me! For now I will work on catching up on my sleep.

No comments: