my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, January 10, 2008

2 minutes

Well today, even though I didn't sleep a lot last night (blame my mom's dog and the fact that I have to dog-sit and had an early meeting) and even though my quads are very sore from Tuesday evening's BodyPump, I still made myself go to the gym and run. I was going with the thought that more excercise would take the pain away. My goal for today was: run 2 mins, walk 3 (for 35 minutes). I'm not gonna lie to you -- it was tough. But I have to say; my legs felt better when I was running than when I was taking the walk breaks. Maybe it was because my lungs hurt so bad, I couldn't feel my legs anymore. I made it through the first 5 sets fine; it was the last two that were killer. I had to resort to counting steps, and that just makes the minutes drag on!

I am on a hunt to find new running shoes. I really want the kind that takes the IPod/Nike chip. But they just don't seem to be very *cute*. I know cuteness really shouldn't be a factor when selecting running shoes, but if I have to get myself to the gym every day, I better have something cute to put on to get there! Alas, my brief afternoon of shoe shopping was not productive. But my workout sure was.

No comments: