my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, January 28, 2008

California (part 3)

I got the opportunity to visit the original Gold's Gym in Venice Beach California. This gym was apparently made famous by all the body builders who used it in the 70s (like Arnold Schwarzenegger). It is obviously tailored more for the body builder than my gym -- we had to walk through 4 weight rooms to find the cardio equipment. While I was there I got to use three pieces of equipment that we don't have in Lincoln: a rowing machine, the elliptical/leg swing machines I first discovered in Kansas city, and a double treadmill (where each foot has a different incline that is constantly changing). This was a nice change, I could feel the rowing machine in my shoulders the next day! I wonder why we don't have these in Lincoln.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should petition to get that other equipment in our gym. I am so impressed that you were working out on your vacation!!! Good for you!