my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Void

Remember how I said that I had a void in my life. I have spent so much time thinking about/planning/preparing for Jennifer's wedding and now it is over. She's on her honeymoon so she doesn't have to go on with her real life. But me, I have to move forward now. And the last two days I have filled that void with junk food. Imagine all the crap I have left over from the Bachelorette party, plus tons of left over food from the wedding, plus cake and mints. I should go to the grocery store to get some healthy options, but it's not like I don't have enough to eat. I just feel guilty throwing all that food away. I've already taken cupcakes to work. Tomorrow I might have to take something else... Fried Chicken???

I did go to Spinning and BodyPower tonight. I was so sore from taking a week off. I am never doing that again. But it felt good to go back tonight. And in everything but squats I was back up to my normal weight limits. We had a sub for Spinning tonight -- Jen the head aerobics teacher at Goodyear. She was really good and the class had me working really really hard. As I headed into the BodyPower class though a man was teaching it. According to the few participants, he is the new teacher and he does a bunch of boxing type exercises: punching, jumping rope, skipping, etc... I think I will try that out next Wednesday. That sounds much better than the jazzersize class they're still holding (often with nobody attending) on Monday.

I am considering going to Butts and Guts tomorrow night. I know that I will be sore this weekend, but I should try to get to that class more often. Brandy and I are planning on running on Friday morning (or afternoon) and I hope that we will do another 4 miles together. Friday night we're going to dinner for her 30th birthday. Maybe I can talk her into running on Sunday too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you sure the void isn't just the drag of having to go back to work and normal life? If that's the case, that's where I'm at now. At least this is a 4 day week and next week is only a 3 day week for me, so I guess I'll survive.
Anyway, you can start planning your birthday bash to fill the void!