my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, November 13, 2009

Some Running

I haven't been doing much running lately. But I am at least keeping up a weekly routine of meeting Brandy. Last week we did four miles around Mahoney Park the morning after Jennifer's bachelorette party. I had only gotten three hours sleep and was completely dehydrated. This morning we met there again and did another four miles. It was perfect weather, although quite humid for a fall day. I had slept eight hours and was in perfect physical condition and it was harder! Last week we did it in: 45:54. This week it took 46:05. I guess we were probably running a little faster this week because I had to take two walk breaks -- and I still finished in almost the exact time. I would really like to get in the habit of doing two three mile runs and a four mile run each week. I am glad that Brandy likes getting out there with me because she is a great motivator and running partner. I hope that she has a great 30th birthday tomorrow. We are celebrating with Lazlo's fries and free dessert tonight.

I skipped Butts and Guts last night because I was exhausted from work. Someone called in sick, someone took a day of vacation, someone had a family emergency and someone had family in the volleyball tournament, and eventually it was just me left at work. Sure it was only for a few hours before someone else had to come and take over the "alone time" but it wares on a girl. Just because I am never sick, don't have family emergencies, or family in volleyball tournaments doesn't mean I have to get left with all the work! So I relaxed at home last night eating/drinking leftovers and watching some sappy chick-flick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope you had a bite of dessert for me!