my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, November 9, 2009

Free Time

The wedding festivities are all over. The out of town guests have returned to their homes. I finally can get my life on track. Although honestly, I feel a huge void right now where I don't know what to do with myself. I felt like this when I had finished running that 10k in June. Everything I have been working toward for the last so many months is over and now I have no goals. So I need to work on getting some fitness goals again. My weight was up (a lot) this week due to crappy eating and a lot of alcohol drinking. My stomach has been upset since Thursday night's Bachelorette party. Still, I got up and ran 4 miles with Brandy on Friday, which was a really good choice. Saturday was so busy that I hardly ate anything and then spent 5 hours on the dance floor. But cake and left overs, and more drinking with out of town guests on Sunday. Plus cake for Grandma's birthday today... just needs to end. This morning I was (luckily) only at 15 pounds from my goal weight. I need to pick up the pace and get this over with. You know it was one of my 30 things goals -- to reach my goal weight by my 30th birthday. And now the holidays are coming. And I am still determined to get there.

I went spinning tonight and could tell that I had taken a week off. I am getting to the point where I know exactly how to turn the knob to make it harder and I made myself push as hard as I could. Still, I hadn't noticed all last week that my knee didn't hurt very much. And as soon as I got off that spinning bike that old familiar pain was back. I went to BodyPower but had to go light on several tracks. What a week off will do to you. The good news is, I know I can go higher again on Wednesday. I don't know that I have taken an entire week off from classes since they cancelled them on me over a year ago.

Anyway, here's to new goals!

No comments: