my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bad Idea

So the zero-workout-plan works fine if you eat really well all week. If you can keep to 1200 calories per day, then the working out bit isn't as important. And as I mentioned before by not working out I don't need the extra calories. Still, I eat like crap. This week I ate Chinese food twice. I had fried food once. And at least ten pieces of Halloween chocolate. That mixed with no working out doesn't equal weight loss; in fact it equals weight gain.

Luckily I did end up working out six hours this week. Two classes on both Monday and Wednesday. A 35 minute run with Brandy on Saturday. And a 70 minute visit to the gym this evening where I did uphill walking and hard biking. Spinning class has really taught me how to push myself really hard on the gym bikes. I had my heart rate up to 165 and my legs were shaking.

I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning. And I am not anticipating a week of good eating. This week will be filled with parties, drinking and celebrating Jennifer's wedding. At least I plan to fill it with hours of workout. I think I am putting a hiatus on the zero-workout-plan. Although I'm not sure I ever really tried that plan, seeing as I got five and six hours of gym time in each week.

No comments: