my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, November 2, 2009

Really Bad Idea

I didn't even want to post today. I am incredibly embarrassed by my weight gain this week. But even more I am in disbelief. I had a six pound weight gain this week. I don't even want to do the math to see how that is physically possible. How many thousand of extra calories I would have had to eaten in just seven days to see a gain like that. Instead I am blaming it on the salty Chinese food and some kind of water retention. But then to make matters even worse, I started feeling ill today. I have a sore throat and a runny nose. It could easily be that it was cold in the library today, and I wasn't wearing enough close. Plus I only got 5.5 hours of sleep last night. But either way, I skipped the gym this evening. I can't risk getting sick for real this week. To many super-important festivities. And because of those festivities I don't see my eating habits changing much. After this wedding is over, then my life can get back on track.

1 comment:

Jen said...

My advice is to go to the doctor ASAP. Everyone I know that has started with a little sniffle has been out for a week. I went and found out what the problem was right away, no sickies this weekend!